Thursday 18 August 2011

The Leopard Gecko!


Liz
Under 1Year Old









Liz is the family's first lizard! She belongs to my brother who's only ever pet has been a 10 year old + goldfish who is still alive! out in the pond so my parents agreed to let him have his own pet, seeing as I had so many. Liz is under a year old and is a Leopard Gecko. She currently lives in a vivariam which is located in my brothers bedroom. She enjoys hunting her favourite food; Locusts and silent crickets. She prefers not to be handled but once she is sitting on your hand she is perfectly fine. There's not really much to tell you about Liz as I don't tend to spend much time with her only every-other weekend when I am looking after her. I let her out to have a run around on my brothers bed in the evening time, but not for too long as she cools down rather quickly and needs to warm back up in her tank. Sometimes she thinks of your fingers of food and will snap at them, don't worry she hasn't got any teeth!

When my brother decided to get a leopard gecko we visited a couple of different reptile shops looking for the perfect one for him. He didn't want one which was over-active and not handable. So we came across Liz... My brother got some money off of her because she has a deformity, she has no claws on her feet and some of her toes are missing, apparently because she had a bad moult but we think it could have been down to the wrong diet. We can't help but fall in love with those who 'need' our love and attention, the ones who people usually over-look. So she came home with us! And we have loved her ever since.

If you have any questions do feel free to ask about her!
Thank you for reading and I hope you continue to follow my blog.

No comments: